Thursday, December 24, 2009

Why does my wash machine leave blue blotchy stains on my clothes?

I have stained clothes before when the dye has run, but that stains the whole load uniformly, so I don't think that's the cause. Even with cold water and old clothes, occasionally one or two items in the wash will get dark blue (as if from something black) blotchy stains, and the rest of the load will be fine. This happens before they get put in the dryer. What is causing this?Why does my wash machine leave blue blotchy stains on my clothes?
That has happened to me before and it was because the softener had built up in the dispenser. If you are using a blue softener that could be the problem. Or, your rinse cylce is not getting softener out.Why does my wash machine leave blue blotchy stains on my clothes?
Did you wash a pen in the load at one time. The pen could have broke and released the ink into the lines and now when the water comes in so does some of the dye. I had the same problem... we had to call someone to clean it up.
One of the reasons could be that your not putting the soap in correctly and too much soap will stain. Try putting your laundry soap in the machine first and let 2-3 inches of water build at the bottom of the tub, before you put your clothes in. This way the soap has a chance to mix with the water and not imbeded in your clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment