Thursday, December 24, 2009

My puppy peed on my covers. Is it safe to wash the covers in the washing machine w.out damaging them?

The material is nothing special. I believe it might be cotton, with some sort of fluff inside.My puppy peed on my covers. Is it safe to wash the covers in the washing machine w.out damaging them?
If it is cotton please do not wash in hot water as one writer wrote. The hot water will shrink the cover and it may not fit your bed anymore.


Either have it dry cleaned or soak it in cold water with a mild cleaner like Woolite, rinse in cold water and let air dry.


Good luck and don't be too hard on the puppy...she didn't mean to :-)My puppy peed on my covers. Is it safe to wash the covers in the washing machine w.out damaging them?
It'll be fine. I wash mine all the time. I usually take them to the laundry mat instead of using mine at home because they have the big side loaders.
Washing machine is risky- we made that mistake and ruined a nice comforter. Taking them to the cleaner is the best bet, or soak and hand wash.


Stinks huh?
If it is cotton,wash in hot water,no damage done.Put in a capful of pine cleaner just for the smell.
I would soak them in a sink and let them air dry. Maybe low heat with an iron to get rid of wrinkles if any.
  • Cats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment