Sunday, December 20, 2009

How do you fix a wash machine?

My washer is broken, it fills with water and agitates it. But it wont drain or go on spin cycle. I've tried manually advancing it but that didn't work. I'd like to try a couple things before I call in the repair man. Any serious suggestions are greatly appreciated:)How do you fix a wash machine?
Check underneath to see if there is a belt connected to the water pump. Sometimes your washer will rust out and your belt will become loose and this will not turn the pump.Sometimes you can correct it.Sometimes replace it.How do you fix a wash machine?
So to test it use a smaller screwdriver or something small and keep the lid switch depressed... often they can become so worn that normal lid operation will not be enough although manually it may make the contacts. If you know how, you could always by-pass it to determine if it is good or bad.





Michael
If you are getting into fixing things, long ago I bought the Time Life series about how to fix things. I learned a lot and then I have a neighbor with lots of good ideas. You can also go online to the maker and sometimes they have folks that will give you good ideas about what is wrong and then searching around, someone will give you the exact directions to fix it. I was very proud to have fixed the lid switch on my old washer rather than pitching. And I have learned that you can put duct tape over rust holes and it still works just fine. It took months for the first tape to even begin to get loose. Whatever works.
im willing to bet you have a topload kenmore or whirlpool or kitchenaid...chances are your saying yep your right after you went and looked at it, its without a doubt your lid switch if im wrong then so be it but a no drain no spin on those brands is a lidswitch, if by chance i am wrong and its a maytag it still could be a lidswitch but more common a sock in the drain hose coming from the tub, either way let me know and ill get you up and running.
Definitely the belt.
solenoid switch on the drain?
  • Cats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment