Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is it safe to wash an electric blanket in the washing machine?

I thought I would wash it on the gentle cycle and tumble dry on a low setting......Is it safe to wash an electric blanket in the washing machine?
Read the label, if it has one. Mine says to dry clean only.Is it safe to wash an electric blanket in the washing machine?
I wash my electric mattress pad and electric throw 2X a year. They are both 5 years old. I use your method.
no
definatly not !!
No. If you wash it, don't plug it in ever again.
You may want to unplug it first. LOL. I would read the tag.
I still have the instructions from my E blanket (I always keep that stuff in a file box). It reads - ';Pre soak the blanket in warm water with mild soap, or half the amount of soap for a normal load, in the washer with the lid open to stop agitation. After soaking, allow the washer to agitate on 'Gentle' for two minutes. Then fast forward the washer to spin. No bleach. Then tumble dry on low for ten minutes. Hang up to finish drying.';

1 comment: