Sunday, December 20, 2009

How do I wash a girth in my washing machine/ dryer?

I am going to wash my fuzzy girth in the washing machine..... What setting should I use/ detergent and is it okay to put it in the dryer?How do I wash a girth in my washing machine/ dryer?
Don't know with ';fuzzy'; girths but I always throw mine in the washer at 40 degrees normal non-bio detergent.


You can shove a sock over the buckles and secure it with an elastic band if you are worried about the glass in the door.





Edit%26gt;I usually just hang them up to dryHow do I wash a girth in my washing machine/ dryer?
Putting it in the washing machine will jsut wreck the fabric (well it wrecked mine). Here is how i clean my girth





Option #1


Get a bucket of hot water mized with soap


Get a wet cloth and wipe the girth with the cloth


Have a dry cloth handy and dry the girth


Hang it up until water is completely gone inside out.





Option #2


I get some spray on saddlery cleaner


Spray on the girth only on the leather bits


Scrub with cloth only on leather bits


Then


Then do option #1 on the material bits





Method 2 takes longer but has a better effect on it
I just use normal settings an regular laundry detergent. I do turn on the second rinse to make sure there is no residual soap. I always put the girth in a tied off pillow case to protect the buckles and and inside if the washer.





I've never put one in the dryer, but you probably could if its still in the pillow case. I always just hang to dry.
you can wash it in the washing machine i do mine all the time put it in a pillow case and tie the pilloe case it still comes clean DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT dry it take it out of the pillow case and lay it on your clothes line/ deck or something like that and just put it on normal or casual depending on the washing machine
If it's a decent girth, machine washing should not be an issue. Neither will machine drying, as long as you're aware that the metal ends can chip your dryer drum finish. Remember to put some towels or other padding to prevent such an occurrence.
If this is a fabric girth, putting it in the wash will be fine, heavy duty wash cold or warm. My preference would be to dry it in the sun. If using the dryer, I'd be careful not to leave it in too long.
hello.





i wouldnt advise putting in the dryer but when i wash mine in the washing machine i put them in a pillow case so the metal doesnt bang too much inside the washing machine. i put them on a 30degree wash.
you don't put it in the washer and dryer. you hand wash it and make sure you get all the soup out and let dry real good. before you use it next
I toss them in the wash, regular detergent, regular cycle, cold water, then toss them in the dryer. Never had any ill effects.
we always washed by hand and sun dried. i guess you could put in a pillowcase tied shut like a stuffed animal on gentle cycle. put on low heat and tumble in dryer.
you do not you hand wash it and dry it
I would hand wash it with soap and water


hope i helped....please best answer

No comments:

Post a Comment