Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can you wash a comforter and pillows in the washing machine?

Yes I do, but it all depends on the size of the comforter and pillows.


To do pillows you need an even amount so the machine will stay balanced. The comforter well I ended up getting a new washing machine a side loader that can handle king size comforter. Other wise the largest I would put in a top loader would be full size...Can you wash a comforter and pillows in the washing machine?
I have washed comforters in my washing machine. I don't recommend doing the same with pillows: The stuffing will get heavy and rip the cover open- which will create a huge mess (which I learned from sad experience). The trick is having a machine with a large enough capacity for the comforter.





You'll probably want to use the dryer to dry your comforter: It will help fluff your comforter out and dry it faster than the line would.





Good luck!Can you wash a comforter and pillows in the washing machine?
YES !!! Just wash pillows in hot water %26amp; soap and if there white add bleach, put washer on delicate. do the same for comforters, DO NOT ADD BLEACH. You can use a dryer, it is better to hang and air dry outside.
It depends on the size. I wouldn't put anything larger than a full size in. Although I do put my queen size comforter in my oversized washer and dryer.





As far as pillows go, as long as you do two of them at a time, seperately from other laundry, then you should be fine. Then if you notice your washer starting to walk toward you, then open it up and put one pillow on each side of the drum. That evens out the weight in the spin cycle.





To dry them, I usually hang my comforter over my kitchen table/chairs, flipping it mid-way through the day. My pillows I'll throw in the dryer, then they're fluffy.
Yes you can wash both. I think the pillows might start to mildew smell if they were not dried in a dryer.
I will wash my Cal King comforter at home, but it takes forever 'cause sometimes it gets tangled around the agitator, so I have to stop the machine and pull it out before it breaks something, put it back in, watch it to make sure it doesn't do it again, and all that. The best way to do it is to take it to the laundro-mat. Their oversized washers and dryers do a great job in much less time.
I put my queen size comforter in my washing machine. It all depends on how big you machine is. Make sure you use plenty of water.


You can definitely dry it on a clothesline. That is what I do. For one, is saves me money by not using that electricity. Secondly, it's much better for the environment. And it's faster. On a nice warm day my comforter only takes about 15 minutes to dry; whereas it would take an hour in the dryer.


Years ago, people did not have dryers at all so everyone hung their laundry outside.





As for pillows, you can wash them in the washing machine. Just make sure you machine is balanced (like the other poster said).


Check the tags on the pillows to see what kind of material they are made of. Some types of stuffing may melt if your dryer is too hot, so you may only be allowed to dry them on a clothesline outside.


Just double check the care instructions.
Depends on the size of your comforter and washing machine. If it is a Queen or King, I'd take to the laundry mat and use one of their big ones.





As for the pillows, I've never had good luck washing them. They get torn every time and the stuffing gets all messed up. Then it's just a huge messy lumpy pillow. I'm thinking of buying the plastic cover for my pillows. But, not sure if it will make crinkly noises or not. Only way to find out is to buy one.
You should always read the care instructions, but generally, yes as long as they fit and are not made out of feathers.





Be careful with the pillows though, sometimes they come out bunched up. When you wash pillows, make sure the washer is balanced (if top loading) by putting two pillows or something of similar weight to the opposite of the pillow because the washer may stall.





I wouldn't hang dry either of them. It could take a really long time and I've never had any problem drying them.
i do
As long as the materials used are washable then a machine is okay. Air drying will work but it may take some time.





The Muse
depends what they are made of if they are made from down goose feathers you cannot wash in machine if they are polyester you can.and yes you can hang them out to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment