Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can I wash my duvet in a washing machine?

It is synthetic. Or do I need to take it to a launderette or dry cleaners?Can I wash my duvet in a washing machine?
Washing a duvet is not a problem unless you have a king sized bed. The problems occur when you dry your duvet. You can line dry it to get most of the water out, however you need a tumbler dryer to finish it off. Tumble it and shake it every few minutes and it should be OK%26gt;Can I wash my duvet in a washing machine?
As long as it fits in your washer it will be fine. In the dryer toss a couple of clean tennis balls in with it. It keeps it from getting wrapped up in itself, and drys it soft and fluffy.
I would take it to the laundro-mat, I tried that once and it destroyed the heck out of it. So that is my advise!!!
I always wash mine in the washing machine. It hasn't done the machine or the duvet any harm.
You should take it to a launderette.
So long as its fits in and has room to move around, go for it! Only feather or duck duvets need special laundering.





Ohh and be careful if you put it in a dryer - hot spots can get created in big things and cause fire.
yes if it fits! not feather ones though!

No comments:

Post a Comment