Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can I put the inside shower curtain to wash in my washing machine?

You know, not the one ';on display'; but the one facing towards the shower? If not, then how can I clean it?? And if I CAN, do I just do it in cold water, or what?Can I put the inside shower curtain to wash in my washing machine?
wash it on warm on the gentlest cycle available. Hang it up to dry, don't put it in the dryer!!!!Can I put the inside shower curtain to wash in my washing machine?
I once washed ours on cold with soap and bleach. It did come out fairly well. I think I could have scrubbed it a bit in the tub with a brush first and it would have come cleaner. We have hard mineral water, so deposits build up on things. Perhaps a certain product, or maybe even adding VINEGAR to the wash would help cut the soap scum and minerals. Warm water does sound like a good idea.


After washing I took it out of the machine ( beware, water will stay in the folds - remove slowly and drain it into the washer as you do to avoid getting water all over the place) and hung it over the deck rail to drip. Then I swished a towel over it to speed the drying, and hung it back on the shower rod. I would not suggest using the dryer.


I got tired of doing this, actually, and just started buying cheap replacement liners at the dollar store! I keep a stack of them ( in white - it lets light through better especially if your curtain is dark) in my linen closet.


All the best...
You know what I do. I use this stuff called Clean Shower by Arm and Hammer. I just spray it on the shower curtains a couple of times a week and my curtains last so long that it's usually because the holes end up ripping from the shower rings that I have to replace them. I spray the whole shower with the stuff, the shower walls, the tub, the curtains. I don't spray them like the dirrections say to every day, I just do it a few times a week. The stuff lasts and I never have to clean the shower except for spraying it! There's different brands of the stuff, I just happen to use that kind but it really works. Anybody that's too lazy to clean their shower should use this stuff, it really works. You litteraly just spray it on and do nothing else. Try it!
~Yes, just throw a couple of towels in with it so you have scrubbing action, and I use Hot water no matter the type. Hang right back on the rod to dry, do not put in your dryer. I also use softener in the washer as it helps repel water build up on the curtain again.~
You can wash it in hot water and also add a little bleach. I always throw in a couple of white towels with it. Use the gentle cycle. You can also throw it in the dryer with the towels but check it every couple of minutes.
Yes, you are able to wash them on any temp. - just do not dry them in the dry, instead rehang them and allow them to air dry naturally. If they have soap scum or mold on them you can add vinegar to the wash water when laundering.
Yes you can wash those in the washer. Throw in a couple of towels. The action from the towels help scrub any soil off the shower liner. Hang back up to dry.
it would be much cheaper to get a whole new get up.and buy a liner for the inside of the shower.don't use the cloth as it will get wet and get all kinds of bacteria and water marks on it.
Assuming you're referring to a synthetic fabric curtain, yes, my wife washes ours in the machine, with warm water and chlorine bleach.
You should be able to wash it no problem. I buy fabric ones (instead sheet plastic) so they are easier to machine wash.





Just wash it on warm with detergent. If it is colored, use non-chlorine bleach.
duh chris!! mama used to do that all the time! lol
If it's plastic throw it in with a load of towels, this will help clean it,then hang it back up wet...
not if it's plastic.





if it's a cloth curtain liner, wash it in warm and then hang dry.


it will be fine
Yes, just don't dry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment