Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I repair an ipod that went for a ';wash'; in my front loading washing machine for 30 minutes?

I accidently washed my ipod in our front loading washer. Is there a way to save it? I have not turned it on, and I have it ';drying out'; in a bowl of dry uncooked rice. Is there anything else I should be doing?How do I repair an ipod that went for a ';wash'; in my front loading washing machine for 30 minutes?
I would probably just pronounce it dead and start saving for a new one.How do I repair an ipod that went for a ';wash'; in my front loading washing machine for 30 minutes?
You're smart with letting it sit,but most likely,it's ruined.So I'll ask you this: do you have ANY type of warranty on it? The answer to that question will help you out. Also, don't listen to anyone who says to 'use a hair dryer'. It will make the ipod,10x worse by destroying things inside.





Personally,I'd let it sit for another day or two,switching from rice to wash cloth. Try turning it on normally. If that doesn't work,connect it to your computer,if that doesn't work,connect it to the wall charger. I've noticed different types of charging helps out.





Best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment