Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is there a way to wash stuffed animals in the washing machine without damaging them?

Manufacturers usually recommend a wet towel for surface cleaning. I feel like this is not enough.Is there a way to wash stuffed animals in the washing machine without damaging them?
You can put them in a pillow case or buy a laundry bag specifically designed to wash delicates in the washing machine.Is there a way to wash stuffed animals in the washing machine without damaging them?
I always put my kids stuffed animals in a pillow case, put a knot in it and washed em. They came out good as new!
When I washed my sons, I put them in a pillow case that I had tied. When it came time to dry them, put a tennis ball in with them, the ball beating against the stuffed animals keeps their shape. Good luck....Oh, I would wash them in either warm or cold water too.
I found these answers from people:





';Use the washing machine and dryer. My son spit up a lot. I mean a _lot_. I decided that surface washing just wasn't going to cut it and machine washed all his surface wash only stuffed animals. The ones with the crinkling sounds - like w/ paper inside - no longer crinkled, but the rest were fine. I must say i didn't have or wash any with anything fragile seeming. There are no guarantees, but realize that they might be just fine. Good luck! Sue';


--------------------------------------…


';I ignored the tags that said ''surface wash only'' and threw all the used stuffed animals that I was given into the washing machine, using warm water and a scoop of Oxy-Clean along with the laundry detergent. Thus far, every stuffed animal I've tried this with has survived and looked almost like new. Diane';
If you can do this, remove the agitator from the washer. Put the stuffed animal in a pillow case and tie it off. Use cold water and the delicate cycle. Put the animal in the dryer on low heat, tumble dry for a few minutes, then take it out and let it air dry. If it seems to be taking too long air drying, put it back in the dryer so it doesn't begin to mildew.
Wash them in a pillow case or a zippered pillow cover. If using the pillow case, just tie it in a knot so the stuffed animal doesn't fall out during washing.
USE WOOLITE IN GENTLE CYCLE.
put them in the washer [delicate cycle] , then in the dryer with a tennis ball.
Make sure you put it in the dryer on high for @ lest 5 minutes after washing, to kill any dust mites that may be living in them. I learned of this that dust-mites love to live in stuffed animals %26amp; high heat for 5 min.'s kill them.
Check the seams first, if no rips to repair, where you might lose stuffing, toss em in the washer! I do it all the time and they come out fresh and beautiful! No problem with shredding or running color or anything! (Dryer OK too, or you could simply lay out and allow to air dry. Good luck.


PS Cold water wash, no bleach
Put the stuffed animal in a pillow case and tie it closed and then run it thru the washer on the gentle cycle.
I put mine in the washing machine all the time. I just put them on a gentle cycle and air dry them. They usually turn out just fine. My mother used to wash some of my more delicate ones in a mesh bag like the kind that the Thanksgiving turkey came in.
Not all stuffed animals can be washed, but give this a try. Drop them in a pillow case or lingerie bag and wash on gentle using cold water wash.
Place the stuffed animals in a pillow case. Use twisty or rubberband to secure the stuffed animals. Cold gentle cycle and Baby soap. Hope this helps.
I don't know . I have always just washed my kids stuffed animals and dolls just like any other laundry and dried them in the dryer . I have never had a problem .If your that concerned maybe put them in a lingerie bag ?
I wash stuffed animals all the time in washer, just use gentle cycle, and a short wash and rinse, warm water not hot.
Put them in a net bag or pillowcase gentle cycle and cold water fluff air dry them. I do this with my kids stuffed animals and most come out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment