Thursday, December 24, 2009

What's the best way to wash tennis shoes in the washing machine?

Should I put them in some type of mesh bag or not? Hot, warm or cold water? Gentle or normal cycle? Please be as specific as you can.What's the best way to wash tennis shoes in the washing machine?
I do ours loose in the washer in warm water on the normal setting with a set of white sheets or towels with a little bleach to disinfect them then air dry them. I only put in at most 3 pairs at a time. I've washed every kind from Nike,Etnes and Converse and have had great results!I wash them with the white because we only buy predominatly white sneakers.What's the best way to wash tennis shoes in the washing machine?
use baking soda and regular detergent.
Don't wash in hot water as it will set any stains. I would pretreat them first and then use a detergent with color safe bleach on normal cycle. You could put them in a mesh bag if you like, that way there the shoe strings don't get wrapped around other things. I just let mine air dry


cause the dryer heat tends to shrink them. Good Luck.
put them in a pillowcase and use cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment