Thursday, January 7, 2010

Would you consider unhooking the hot-water hose from your wash machine for the environment?

We've been doing this for a few years now. Clothes look fine to me.Would you consider unhooking the hot-water hose from your wash machine for the environment?
We haven't unhooked the hot-water hose from the washing machine, but I use cool water for most of our clothing. My clothes and the kids' clothes turn out fine. I never found out why, but my husband decided years ago to start doing his own laundry, and he uses warm water for everything.


I use warm water for towels and bedding.Would you consider unhooking the hot-water hose from your wash machine for the environment?
I have started washing nearly entirely in cold with the same good results. I air dry a major portion of our clothes as well and they look better and newer longer using this process. One of the other answers is right about the powder laundry detergent in cold. It leaves a white residue. Arm and hammer liquid laundry detergent leaves the freshest cleanest smell of all of the liquid detergent for washing in cold that I have tried.
No need to unhook it. Just always choose cold water wash %26amp; rinse. I've done that for years and as you say, the quality of the washing seems the same. One thing to think about is the type of detergent you use. Powdered detergents don't dissolve well in cold water and at the end of the cycle could leave you with clothes full of lumps of detergent. Use a liquid instead or dissolve the powder in a jar of hot water first before adding to the load.
yes and would u consider taking the drainhose emptying the water into buckets and flushing the comode or watering yur garden with it, this is where a front loader comes in handy less water cleaner clothes not agitating around in dirt water, best investment i ever made,they have had them in europe for a very looong time.
i am sorry i don't wash in hot water it takes forever and a day to fill up the washer that way.
I think so yeah, well we usually use warm water only.
yes that is a great way to save on heating costs and helpful for the environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment