Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can you wash your shoes in the washing machine?

and if you can what type of shoes??Can you wash your shoes in the washing machine?
I wash sneakers or canvas shoes in my washer.Can you wash your shoes in the washing machine?
I usually wash canvas type shoes/sneakers. However, they do have a tendency to shrink until stretched out again. I would never wash leather or even fake leather in the washer. I washed my daughters Crocks in the washer and they came out looking like new. I have a drying rack in my dryer, so the sneakers do not tumble if I put them in the dryer. Or an alternative is to sit them in the sun to dry. You are always taking a chance that the liner inside the shoe will come out too. It depends on how bad you want to wash your shoes, I suppose.
Some cloth material shoes can be wash through washing machine. Sometimes they say it/ printed that it is machine washable. But most are not (especially leather).


But if I were you, I rather clean it by myself by using old toothbrush and bit of detergent. Better that way, the shoes will stay in shape and some print and color will be ok too.
I use the delicate setting warm/warm water





and I just wash some sleepiers that are purple with little pink fur type of material





and some light biedge shoes





When the wash has finish with the wash cycle. I just let them air dry out side of the house but yesterday we had a big wind/rain storm. I don't know if it going to rain again but it dry as hell outside.
The only shoes I have ever put in the washer are Keds style canvas shoes. I have even put these through the dryer with no problem, however, once in while they do ';kick'; the dryer door open so you may have to check on them occasionally. =;o)
i have washed different brands of sneakers. the only problem i found was after washing a few times, they seem to start falling apart. i think the glue that is used cant hold up to water very well.
I've washed sneakers, hiking boots, and flip flops. I put them in a mesh bag so that the ties don't get caught and twisted. You may have to place them out in the sun to allow them to dry thoroughly.
personally, I wouldn't...you may ruin the washing machine and the shoes may fall apart from the machine. I would wash them by hand...if you just want to clean the outside of them....well sneakers...oxyclean and a toothbrush work great
You can if they are running shoes, the only thing is that you can't put them in the dryer or else the shoes will warp and shrink
Dont do it the shoes will just fall apart later its better to do it by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment