Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is it bad for your washing machine if you wash towels in their own load?

A friend of mine told me that her washing machine broke because she washes towels alone in their own load. (The ';fix it'; guy told her that.) Just curious if anyone else has been told this...I'd like to stop washing my towels like that if there is a chance it will screw up my machine.Is it bad for your washing machine if you wash towels in their own load?
I do a load of just towels every week. I have never heard that before. Maybe she was putting too many in a single load...?Is it bad for your washing machine if you wash towels in their own load?
That's ridiculous. I've been doing laundry for 35 years and never had that happen once.





The only thing I could see is if she overloaded the washing machine with towels since they're extremely heavy when wet. When washing any item, you have to take into account what it weighs when it's wet.





Jeans would be just as heavy... I'm sure he didn't tell her not to wash all the jeans in one load.
No actually it doesn't really do anything to your washer, but you could save water by washing towels with clothing or any other type of fabric.





P.S it would help to wash a heavy and full load. Wasshing machines are used for washing.
I think that's bunk. She may have had the load off center and it broke it, but that can happen with anything. I do a load of towels and occasionally throw in a sweatshirt or other heavy item if I need more to fill it up. Never had a problem.
Maybe only if you load too many or if it is loaded too heavily on one side. Other than that, I don't see how it could hurt it. You will usually know if the washer is filled unevenly by the horrendous noise that it makes on the spin cycle. :)
No it certainly will not. What's the difference in washing a load of towels and washing a load of say, jeans.
i am pretty sure u are actually supposed to wash towels withought any other clothing like shirts and pants. Ther are supposed to be done seperately.
towels get very heavy when wet. So your friend either put way to many into her washer, or she had a super cheap washer.





just don't overload your washer and you'll be fine.
That, my friend, is all hogwash.


Somebody is pulling somebody else's leg on this one. Have a nice day.
Never heard that in my life and I've always washed my towels as one load.
No... that doesn't make sense. I wash them seperately all the time. She must've put too many in or something.
NOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment