Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why does my washing machine spin during the wash cycle, but not agitate?

My washer started having problems at the same time. It started leaking water during the spin cycle and it would have to be turned manually to get it to spin. I also noticed, that it would spin during the washing cycle rather than agitate. What's going on? ?? Im considered the handywoman of the house, and I believe that I can fix this, I just need a little help as to what I can do to resolve this issue. Any suggestions????Why does my washing machine spin during the wash cycle, but not agitate?
Your agitator is most likely busted. If you lift out that big thing in the middle, you'll see the agitator. Its a little toothed thing. It should have grooves for the thing to latch onto and help it agitate. If those grooves are worn down, you need a new one. Easy to replace, and it will agitate again.

No comments:

Post a Comment