Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I wash stuffed animals in the washing machine?

! of them is a jelly cat the other are build a bearsCan I wash stuffed animals in the washing machine?
You can put them in a pillowcase . If they are special I would not risk it. When my daughter was little she had a bear It was so dirty I had to wash it. When I took it out it was in pieces.M y daughter was so distrot I had to sew it back together ,it was nearly impossible.It had one arm on its back,the other arm on its chest.She is now 24 and still has it,as dirty as ever.Can I wash stuffed animals in the washing machine?
There should be a tag on them somewhere that says if you can wash them or not. If it is filled with stuffing, I would think it would be ok, but you might want to stick it in a tied pillowcase first to help protect it.
yup.


COLDWATER!! on delicate if possible.


and can also be tumble dried.





If you use hot water it'll become deformed due to shrinkage.





=]
I definitly wouldn't. The best way to wash them is to use a damp cloth and shampoo (baby shampoo works great), then just give them a light shampooing. Take another clean cloth and dampen, and rinse off animal until soap residue is gone. (You will not need to use very much shampoo to get them nice and clean, so rinsing is very easy). They will be soft, fluffy, and best of all clean again-as good as new. You won't need to worry about the stuffing molding or any parts coming off!
i always do, my kids just set them on top of the washer when they want them washed. just do it on the gentle cycle and if it's old and you think it can handle the dryer then go for it, but if it's delicately made then just use your best judgement, and you can just let them air dry.
I have done this with success, however you want to check the stuffy over for loose buttons, etc. Be cautious with items with felt eyes and the like. Old felt can tear in the washer. I have washed in cold water and NEVER put them into the dryer. The dryer can turn a beloved soft stuffy into a ';scratchy brillo-feeling not soft anymore mommy what did you do to my stuffy'; mess. Also I have added fabric softener to the rinse cycle, but add it as a diluted form so as to not pour it on one particular spot on a stuffy. Lay the out on a towel on a table turn periodically for even drying.
Yes, but be sure to have it on low! I can't tell you how many times I cried when I was a kid after having my stuffed ponies come out of the dryer mutilated.
I usually risk it - no drama's so far!
I always put my kids stuffed animals in the washer, never had a problem. If you put them in the dryer, you should use low or no heat so the fur doesn't melt.
Some, yes; others are no:





Glued eyes, nose, etc.. will fall off.


If has moveable parts such as a battery needed, etc. will be damaged. Some types of stuffing can't be soaked.





If unsure, create a Woolite/water solution %26amp; a brush to clean exterior of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment