Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I wash my (bed) pillows in the washing machine?

I have one tempur pillow (soft and foamy) and another feather pillow and I was wondering if it's ok to wash and dry.Can I wash my (bed) pillows in the washing machine?
For most of these types of pillows I would recommend dry-cleaning.


However feather pillows can be hand washed - follow this instruction:





Feathers repel water: that is why they keep the goose dry. so they are harder to wash than down. Hand wash using mild detergent, NOT soap. Soap is harder to remove and can leave a residue.





Use 1/4 cup of vinegar in the rinse to help remove detergent residue.





Machine dry using the ';hot'; cycle, with the sneaker, or dry in the sun, turning and fluffing the pillow periodically to redistribute the feathers. Monitor the drying by checking on your item about every 15 to 20 minutes. Shake vigorously all direction and place back in dryer. Repeat this process until its light and fluffy. Monitor your dryer often, as you will want to take the item out of the dryer immediately when dry. Some dryer drums get hot and may not be good for your feather item if left after your dryer stops.Can I wash my (bed) pillows in the washing machine?
does the tempur pillow have a tag on it with instructions? I wouldnt wash the feather pillow, hang it out to air out.
Don't wash the feather pillow! It's bad bad bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment