Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I wash a down filled jacket in a washing machine?

If I was a downfilled jacket in the washing machine will it ruin my jacket? It says dry clean only, but I always machine wash my dry clean only clothes...im just not sure what will happen to the down if i put it in the wash.Can I wash a down filled jacket in a washing machine?
I washed my down comforter that is dry clean only in the washer on the delicate cycle and air dried it. It didn't damage the down. Ducks and geese live in the water so I don't think water will hurt the down. If you do decide to machine wash it make sure the fabric on the coat won't shrink or anything like that. Just a little warning-wet down smells like wet dog!!Can I wash a down filled jacket in a washing machine?
Well, you can wash a down comforter in the washing machine, but if the tag says ';dry clean only';, I'd go with that.
I don't know, can you?
Not long ago I saw a program on washing dry-clean-only clothes (believe it or not). They said if you're careful you can pretty much wash most dry-clean-only clothes - but not all.





I'm fairly certain you'll ruin down if you wash it.
No, you will ruin the jacket. You can take it to a dry cleaner.
Yep. Warm water, delicate cycle and throw in an old sneaker. Seriously. It somehow keeps the down from piling up in a lump.
I've washed down before, in the gentle cycle, and dried in the dryer on air dry. Didn't hurt my Eddie Bauer jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment