Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I wash my jogging shoes by using washing machine and a dryer?

whether there will be any damage to the machine if I do so.Can I wash my jogging shoes by using washing machine and a dryer?
I've been doing this for years. I tie them into an old pillowcase or a special mesh laundry bag, wash with liquid detergent first, then add 1/2 cup white vinegar afterwards in the rinse cycle. They come out nice and clean and smelling a lot better.





Don't put them into the dryer though, rather stand them in the sun to dry or in an airing cupboard, or if like me, you have a hot water tank inside. on top of that. I always stuff them with an old towel to keep their shape.Can I wash my jogging shoes by using washing machine and a dryer?
Don't do it at a laundromat machine. You'll get kicked out. What they're worried about is that if you put the shoes in loose, they'll bounce around and maybe dent the drum. Joggers tend to be rather light, so I don't know if that'll be an issue or not.





I've also been told there's a risk of throwing the drum out of alignment, but if that were the case, loading heavy clothes in there unevenly would be more of a problem.





If it's your own machine, do as you wish. The manufacturers usually warn against it in the owner's manuals, but I know of several people who claim to do this with no problems -- though oddly, not when they own the machines.
I have used both washer and dryer. If you take your laces out and wash those by hand separately, you won't have to worry about the laces getting caught under the agitator and causing damage. Though I have dried the shoes in the dryer, we got what is called a shoe dryer several years ago and we love it.!!!!! http://www.shoeshineexpress.com/dryers.a… These also are great for winter boots and gloves, and since this is what they are meant to do , they don't damage the shoes. Dryers can get the leather to hot and cause it to start to crack. If the shoes aren't excessively dirty, try slipping the insole out,(they do come out, though they may seem stuck a little.) and wash these by hand, then use a soft brush on the outer surface, this should clean the shoe without taking a chance of damaging them.





Good Luck
You can wash them but tie them into a pillow case or something to stop your machine being damaged. I wouldn't use the dryer though.
yes you can but not in dryer.
Don't even think about it
dont think so

No comments:

Post a Comment